Brady with his teacher, Bryan, who is actually in our ward! What luck!
Brady not quite ready for the diving board, but we are making progress!
Lani just hanging out while brother gets to swim! She wants in so bad it is hard to her to watch, but I keep her pretty preoccupied.
Brady just finished 2 weeks of swim lessons. He is coming along but isn't as comfortable on his back as his teachers would like him to be, so we are taking a break this next week and are signed up for another 2 week session.
I am so pleased to see him getting more comfortable in the water. His fears get the best of him sometime so it is good to see him use the kickboard on his own and love the life-jackets.
Today he was in the deep end just swimming wherever with the only blue life-jacket (his favorite color) on and just spinning away. He has the basics of swimming down but the floating thing is something he isn't quite comfortable with that yet, so hopefully his next session will help.
Hopefully it will cool off some in a week. Today at 9:30 in the morning it was already 101! Are you crazy! Not quite as hot as 115 that it was on Monday.
I keep telling myself that we just have to survive two months in the summer and then we have the best weather the rest of the year. We are almost through the worst of it, maybe!!!







6 comments:
I'm jealous, your swimming lessons sound so much better than ours! Hyrum hates swimming on his back as well and just today in his lesson was kicking and screaming when they tried to get him to do it. I wasn't watching what was going on since I'm in the water with Jonah at the same time and just heard him crying so I thought he got hurt or something. He was pretty upset about it. You are also very lucky to have someone teach Brady that actually knows him outside of swimming. I really don't like Hyrum's teachers. There are only 4 kids and 2 teachers and they really seem to pick favorites and Hyrum isn't the one. He has a hard time paying attention since he is so excited just to be in the pool so they'll put him in "time-out" and take him out of the water and make him sit on the edge of the pool. Our pool is indoors and the air is cold so the whole time he just shivers! The other day he was in "time-out" 3 times! I'm really upset about it because he just doesn't seem to be getting anything out of the lessons. I think I could do better since I love swimming and have more patience for my son than they do. So I'm thinking that if he doesn't progress and we have to redo the class I'll probably take him out for a while and possibly sign him up at a different pool and see he clicks with a different teacher. Either that or I'll just have to take him more regularly to "family swim" and teach him myself. Oh well!
We hope you have a fun time with the rest of your swimming lessons and that you're able to stay cool in the pool!
It is good to see Brady is enjoying his summer, even if he has to do it in an oven. We love you guys and miss you!
So fun! I am teaching swim lessons right now, but none of my students are as cute as Brady!
Brady seems so much more comfortable in the water now, so yay for the swim lessons!
Did you like the little rain storm we got last night? I loved the clouds but boy, it was sure muggy when they went away in the afternoon.
Way to go Brady. Moma and Papa are pleased that you are swimming so well. Leilani, we loved your picture also.
Hooray for swim lessons. It was so much fun to visit with you a couple of times during Myra's. Water really is the only place to be in this weather. But like you said...2 months and the rest is easy living. I can dig it!! :)
I love your posts! Keep it up!!!
Em
Post a Comment