Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Foods

At 4 1/2 months Kel got his first taste of solid food. After seeing an episode of 19 kids and counting and Anna making her own rice cereal I decided to give it a try, so easy! Cannot believe that I have never done it before and it is so much healthier then the paste of white rice cereal!

I ground up 1/4 cup of brown rice (I have a spice grinder, you could also use a blender) should be a powder texture, added 1 cup of water and simmer on the stove for 10 minutes. Let cool and serve. You can also make up larger batches, pour into into ice trays and freeze for later use.

Here is a great website I found for making homemade baby foods: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/cereals.htm


Here is the finished product.


Kel was a fan, not a lot of spitting out, until Lani fed him! We will try again tomorrow. He is such a big baby that I felt that he needed to be introduced to something more then just milk.



Leilani wanted in on the action, my little helper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that website. I have plans of making my own baby food this time around...we'll see if it actually happens, but I have good intentions! :)

Emily said...

Nice Maile! You are one domestic gal! Thanks for sharing your wonderful information!!

Have a lovely Sunday!!

Tree said...

Thanks, Sis! Can't wait to try this with Kapono when he's old enough! You try everything and I learn from you! Lucky me!