So finally after 3 years of looking at ugly curtains above my sink, I decided to try out my not so good sewing skills. I am not a sewer by any means, so to try this on my own was a little scary. It seems like it takes me forever to figure out how to use it. Once I get going, it isn't hard. Anyway, I was very pleased with my work and thought I would share. I am inspired by my amazing sister-in-laws and all of the projects they take on. Maybe someday I will be more like them. I am contemplating making aprons like they did for their kids, but we shall see how long this sewing desire keeps up!
Our other venture is preparing a garden. We live in an area where we can have a garden most of the year, except in the middle of the summer, when it is 115 degrees outside, for some reason it is just too hot! Anyway, we have laid out a garden bed to prepare for the Fall and we started that last weekend. Bryce is outside moving rocks around and filling the bed with our neighbors manure. We should have quite the fertile garden! We are excited for the upcoming Fall so we can have some nice fresh veggies! Yum!







4 comments:
aprons are super easy. if you want any ideas just let me know! the curtains are cute. (aprons won't be any harder!)
I found a basic pattern and I am giong to start out with that, then I might go from there. I obviously got the idea from your adorable aprons for you and your kids. I will definitely ask for more ideas, once I figure out the basic, thanks!
Wow, look at you go! WTG on the curtains and the garden. I love the hat Leilani is wearing in the garden picture, too.
Aprons are easy, my sister sent me a pattern that just takes a dish towel and a pot holder, and some ribbon. Lok at you Maile, first you start a blog and then crafts, what's next? We loved seeing you guys!
Post a Comment