I probably am crazy and I have always known this about myself. This morning I started a new adventure, cloth diapers!
My wonderful sister-in-law has been doing cloth for awhile and my oldest sister used them for her oldest child, so I thought I can do this if they can do it.
It has taken me awhile to get it all together, thanks to the help of Courtney. I have it all and I put Leilani in one this morning and have already changed her. I know I will be changing more but it sure beats the price of diapers these days, especially with another baby on the way.
When Courtney talked about cloth I thought she was crazy but now I guess we are together.
They seem pretty easy to do, I just have to do more laundry. Drying them isn't bad, especially where we live!
We are trying to watch our expenses and this should help a lot. I also love the idea of helping the environment, at least a little.
Crazy in the desert!
Maybe the heat is getting to me???
Favorite Part Of The Day
3 days ago







7 comments:
Good luck with that! I really hope it works for you guys. I've considered doing it, but really don't look forward to doing laundry 3x a week. I'm still somewhat considering it though. We'll see. :)
Ana says that you are NOT crazy...I don't know that I agree! I say go for it! I remember those days when I was filled with dreams to make things better and use cloth diapers, etc. I love that you're on it and working towards something better. Way to go, sistah...who knows, maybe we'll have the opportunity to follow in your footsteps!
No, you're not Crazy! The rest of us are just Lazy! Way to go with helping out the environment and I hope it works out for you!
Yes you're crazy. It's kind addicting and empowering knowing that you can beat the corporate diaper world (Huggies and pampers); and do something that other people only dream about doing. Cloth diapers are way better in the long run, they're cheaper and I've found lead to a lot less diaper rash. (Afton had diaper rash a lot, Madelyn never has.) Occasionally I forget to rotate the wash so we have some paper diapers on hand, but most of the time I stick with my Mon, Wed, Fri, routine. Love ya, and good look. Please call with any questions, it does take some time to figure it all out.
It was so good to hear from you!! your kids are darling. Did I read that you are expecting another baby? Congrats. When are you due? Wow!! I can't believe you are using cloth diapers. I'm really impressed. I don't know if I could do it although it might be worth it considering the money you could save.
Tell bryce hello. we miss you guys.
You are crazy.....crazy brave!! I am so excited to hear how much you love it...so that I will maybe get crazy brave enough to try it someday! Keep us updated if you have time between loads of laundry! :)
I think you are amazing!! Keep it up!!
I am excited for you and to know the results, if you like it or not, I want to try it next time, but if you say it is not worth it I may reconsider.
Post a Comment