Last Saturday we took a trip to Las Vegas to go refrigerator shopping. Our defroster has been going out and after defrosting it and it not completely fixing the problem, we decided it was time to replace the old one. We moved the fridge to the other side of our kitchen allowing us to get one with water and ice, yeah! Bryce will add the water line tomorrow and then we should be in business.
In between fridge shopping we decided to check out a local farm, (thanks Courtney for the idea). It was really windy and kind of chilly for our warmed up bodies from surviving the summer but it sure is nice to get outside and spend time together as a family.
We happened to buy some jack-o-lantern buckets before we went to get ready for Halloween and Brady thought it would be a good bucket for all of his vegetables.
We found some small pumpkins which we will paint for Family Home Evening tomorrow. They had some red and green tomatoes, a giant zucchini for only 35cents, no matter the weight. I wish I would have gotten more! Next time. There was more then that but that is what we came away with. They also make their own apple juice and I wish that I would have gotten a few more gallons of it, yum!
It was fun and we will have to keep up the tradition and check it out more often.
Since I never posted the previous post I thought I would add our Family Home Evening from last week. Very cute, the kids had so much fun painting their pumpkins and we made a really good healthy sugar cookie recipe that I hopefully will post at a later date. It is of course from my healthy friend Emily and most of her recipes are so yummy!
Leilani working so intently!
He's got the face on.
Ta dah!!!
Brady's pumpkin when he was finished.







10 comments:
looks like your cute kids had some fun. Hope things are going well... don't forget you got tagged ;)
What budding artists they are. :) I love pumpkin farms. So fun!
You guys are so cute! What a fun day!
Those big zucchini are fabulous for making zucchini bread - in case you wanted yet ANOTHER thing to do :)
BTW - I didn't know you were a Winn. We'll have to compare family history notes sometime.
Looks like Leilani had a whole lot of fun painting! (herself, the table and maybe even a litte on the pumpkin too!)
We'll have to check out that orchard next year, it looks like something Joey would like (and me too, I love fresh veggies!)
love the painting- you are a braver Mom than I am. We actually did our first painting project last week and I'm not sure I can survive another one.
I love the "pick your own" farms, the kids have a ton of fun. Glad to see you guys are doing so well.
That looks like so much fun! where is that place in vegas? Your kids have skills.
I love the painting pumpkin pictures! SOOOOOO CUTE!! And hooray for garden veggies....by the way, your garden is looking fabulous! At least from my mom's house it is! :)
I need to come over and see you sometime when I am over there...I miss chattin' it up with ya!
Hope you're feeling great! You look fabulous!!!
cute, cute!
Fabulous pics! What concentration Lani has...love the tongue...Uncle Jer does the same thing when he concentrates really hard! Way to go, Brady and Lani!
I can't believe that the kids can paint so well. Give them a hug for us.
Post a Comment