Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Surprise Guest

Last week at school, we had a surprise guest visit our class.

There were some ringing of bells. . . yes, it was Good St. Nick!


I have been nervous about this, because the kids haven't been so excited about strange people, dressed in strange costumes. Disneyland was not a great place for Brady, back in February so I didn't think that he would like him.


For the first time, ever, Brady willingly stood in line to sit upon Santa's lap to tell him what he wants for Christmas.


Before our guest arrived the newspaper was there, yes, we do have a small newspaper in our little town! They interviewed the kids and one of the questions asked was, "How does Santa get into your house?" Brady said, "My dad says he has a special key." Since we don't have a chimney we need to be creative for him.


Brady is thinking hard about what he wants for Christmas.





Here are some of the kids with Santa.


Leilani was absolutely not going to have anything to do with the guy in the red suit. She held on for dear life and would start to shake if you got too close. There is no need to scare her to death, we didn't with Brady and now he seems to be okay, so hopefully this will be the same for Leilani.



Even though she didn't sit upon his lap, she got a stocking and she liked that!



On a completely different note, last night Leilani went potty by herself! I don't have a picture, which is fine with me but I thought I would share my news. She has been showing signs of wanting too, so last night we sat her on our little one and she did! I need to actually do it, it is just hard to get up the energy to do this again, but it would be worth it if she wants too. She is almost 20 months, so we shall see!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Cute Santa Pictures... Brady is such a little stud.

I can't believe Leilani went on the toilet. Hopefully she will be able to teach her new neighbor boy Myles a thing or two! My goodness...that is fabulous...for you!

Have a great week!

Emily said...

PS. Your family pictures are Fabulous! I love the blue matchy, matchy! ;)

You look RADIANT!

Courtney said...

Love the pictures Santa. I potty trained Afton when Madelyn was a newborn and it was a great time because the baby slept so much. If she's ready go for it, it's probably those cloth diapers pushing her along. I don't imagine they are as comfortable as paper. P.S. I like the pictures on the side of you guys in blue. I'm assuming those are your Christmas pictures this year.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot that I took some pictures of Santa as well.
I agree with everyone else, I love the pictures of you guys on the sidebar.
Oh, we won't be there tomorrow. :( I forgot I have a meeting at 10. Enjoy the cupcakes! :)