Monday, April 18, 2011

Leilani Janae

I am once again amazed that another year has passed and my baby girl is 4! I feel so blessed to have her in my life. This past conference a talk was given by a seventy (I do not remember his name) and he said that there are children in your life that will bring many challenges that may be hard to deal with. He said remember that you need them in your life as much as they need you in theirs. There is a reason they were sent to you. I am finding this to be very true with my daughter. We have our challenges, but I learn from her on a daily basis.

She is so strong willed and independent, yet so is her mother! Why would she not be like me?
I admire those qualities in her and her desire to stand up for herself and to truly know what she will and will not do. This is what I would teach my young women and she sure has decided this at her very young age.

What a blessing she is! It has been fun to watch her grow in Primary and see how much of the gospel she really knows. She is learning so fast and developing at such a fast pace. She seems far beyond her years. I pray that I will be able to "guide" her in the right direction and give her the tools that she needs to be successful and happy in her life. I love her and cherish my only daughter. I pray that we will always have a sweet mother daughter bond and she knows how much I love her, to the moon and back! What a sweet blessing my sweet Leilani is, Happy Birthday baby girl!


Four years old


Three years old

Two years old

One year old

Baby Leilani


4 comments:

Tree said...

Sweet Leilani...oh how we love that girl! I can't believe she's 4! Time passes oh so quickly! Give her big loves from us! I love the newborn pic, even though she really doesn't look like a newborn in it...too pretty!

Kristen said...

happy birthday! she and abby seem to be cut from the same fabric. it will be fun to see them with each other....soon!

Anonymous said...

I remember when she was just a baby, time does fly so fast!

Emily said...

She is so very sweet. I wish someone could figure out how to hold time in a bottle. Yet...how wonderful to watch them grow into such lovely little people!

Hope you are well!